Kodi is a free and open source media player software application developed by XBMC foundation, a nonprofit technology. Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and allows the users to play and view the most streaming media such as videos, music and internet applications as well as digital media from a local storage media onto a TV screen.
Kodi is a multi-home theatre PC application which is very customizable and allows streaming of media content via different services like Amazon Prime onto our television sets.
Table of Contents
MXQ Pro TV Box
The MXQ Pro is a TV box that streams content loaded with amazing features and running on Android 5.1 Lollipop with a quad-core processor. The TV box is an incredible invention and helps the streaming of online media with a single remote. The best part is that when compared to its contemporaries, it comes at a very lesser price. Hence, you can watch all the programs you like and ditch your cable connector at an affordable price with the MXQ box.
Also See: Roku Mirror Screening Guide
The Kodi and the MXQ Pro can only word together using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) like the IPVanish. For the IPVanish VPN to work with Kodi on MXQ Pro, following are the requirements,
- One MXQ Pro Android TV box (Or other Android TV boxes) running Android TV 5.1 or more.
- A secure IPVanish VPN connection
- A working connection to the internet
This guide will walk you through the installation process of setting up IPVanish VPN and Kodi Media Center to work on an MXQ Pro android TV or other Android TV box running 5.1 or more.
Steps To Put KODI On MXQ Pro TV Box
Find and select the Google play store app from the Android TV home screen.
- Select the Google Play search box, type ‘IPVanish VPN’ without the quotes and select the IPVanish VPN app from the list of results.
- Click on ‘Install’.
- Click on ‘Accept’ to accept the app permissions required by IPVanish for installation.
- Click on the ‘back arrow’ in the upper left corner of the screen to go back to Google Play Store search.
- Search for ‘Kodi’ without quotes and select the Kodi app from the results, and click ‘Install’.
- Click on ‘Accept’ to accept the app permissions required by Kodi to install.
- Click on the ‘Home’ button on your remote to go back to the home screen and select ‘My Apps’.
- Select the ‘IPVanish’ app.
- Type in your IPVanish username and password, select the ‘Remember Me’ option (if you don’t want to type in your credentials every time you launch IPVanish) and click ‘Login’.
- Select the ‘Country, the ‘City,’ and ‘Server’ you would like to connect to and click ‘Connect’.
- Select ‘OK’ when the ‘Connection request’ dialog box appears.
- After successful connection to IPVanish, the ‘Connection Status’ will show ‘Connected’ and the ‘IP Address’ and ‘Location’ will change.
- Press the ‘home’ button again on your remote to return to the home screen and select the Kodi app to launch Kodi application.
Also See: Kodi Exodus Not Working Fix
Just by following the simple steps above, one can very easily access Kodi on the MXQ TV Prob box and watch and get an entertaining experience with the very new technology created. The advancements have now made it very easy for the public users to have a better experience of everything and use the technology with just a glimpse. Very simple to access, simple to use and simple to watch, the Kodi gives us a mind-blowing experience that we can have at our sofa’s comfort every time.