We love games and enjoying it on our favorite Ninetnedo console is the best way to kill time. Today I will be highlighting about R4 3DS emulator which is being popularly used for Nintendo Ds but before heading further, let me illustrate a bit about what is the R4 and how it is used?
Table of Contents
What Is R4DS? [Overview]
The Revolution for DS ( commonly known as the R4DS or R4) is a series of flash cartridges which are used for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS gaming console. The purpose of this R4 is to allow the ROMs and homebrew to get booted on Nintendo DS from a memory card or microSD. In simple words it helps to run the homebrew applications, storing multiple games only on one memory card. The original developer of the R4 card stopped developing cards that could play ROMs and homebrew for Nintendo DS but, that’s not a bad news, we now have clones of R4 cards that have replaced it, some of these are R4 3DS, R4DSi, R4 NES which can be efficiently used as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL and Nintendo Entertainment System.
If you are using a Nintendo 3DS gaming console, you would have one question running in your mind and it is about the emulator and which 3DS emulator supports it to run free game. Many websites would have given the answer to this question; R4 3DS card is the best option for the 3DS.
This was developed for playing Nintendo 3Ds game on other systems like Desktop, MacOS etc. You may find a number of 3DS online but they are either fake or fail to run efficiently and seamlessly.
The R4 3DS Card is cheap and the best way to run free games without encountering any kind of error while running it. Apart from the gaming feature, the R4 3DS has many other features which make it a perfect choice for you and here I will be highlighting a few of them.
- Games: It easily supports all NDS fanes. The user can easily download a number of free DS ROMs online, store them on the memory card that comes with the R4 3DS flash card and then use it on their console.
- Homebrews and Apps: You can download all the apps absolutely free.
- Emulators: It efficiently supports classic games like GBA and SNES/NES games on new Nintendo 3DS/3DS.
- Multi-media function: It also supports videos, text, mp3 and other multimedia files which mean you can easily turn your new NDS into a multimedia player with the help of this flash card.
- Additional features: it also supports region locked games, micro SDHC card up to 32 GB, had a friendly UI, real time save, cheat code etc.
How To Download & Install R4 3DS Emulator?
I’m sure by now you all would be very excited, but installing and using the R4 3DS can sometimes be tricky, so, here I will be illustrating a complete stepwise guide that will help you use the R4 3DS card without any problem.
Let’s get started
Before you head further to download, here are a few things that you would need :
- R4i Gold 3DS RTS card
- Nintendo Console
- MicroSD card
- MicroSD card adapter this comes with the R4 3DS package
Step 2: Once you are ready with all the required materials, you need to download the kernel from the official website. It makes use of Wood R4 firmware. You can download the latest version by clicking on this link – www.r4idsn.com
Step 3: Once you are done with this you will see a zipped kernel file. You need to unzip this file.
Step 4: Now you need to open the Wood kernel file, copy all the content to the micro SD card. Also, put all the game files on the micro SD card.
Step 5: Take out the SD card and insert it to the R4iGold 3DS card.
Step 6: Insert it into the 3ds Console
Step 7: Boot up the Console and you will see the icon, click on it and you are good to go.
I hope this was helpful for you. Don’t forget to leave your comments and feedback.