Lately, I’m hearing this word “Elara” a lot from Windows users and all that I hear are negative reviews. Apparently, this Elara app is preventing shut down, restart and sign out in Windows 10. But how did this Elara app end up in your system? And why is it behaving like a bitch? What is Elara app? Is Elara a virus? How to remove it from your system and make peace again? This article will discuss answers to all these questions in brief.
Table of Contents
What Is Elara App?
How often do you find that an app, whose name you haven’t even heard of till now, is now messing up with your system for no reason? Hence, before abruptly taking any steps, it is advisable that one understands what Elara is and then take calculated steps to get rid of it.
Also See: How To Watch MSNBC Without Cable?
Elara is basically a placeholder name for “apntex.exe” file on your system. Usually, this file can be found on every laptop or portable computer. The primary role of this file is to control the functioning of touchpad. So it is very clear now, that Elara app is not a virus. Instead it manages one of the most important functions of your system. But then what about the error that Elara app keeps throwing while you try to shut down or restart the system?
Why Am I Facing “Elara App Preventing Shutdown. .” ?
Now, you won’t believe my next statement. But apparently, the touchpad driver of your system tends to turn unresponsive or slower, randomly. This might result in malfunction and sometimes throw errors like “Elara app preventing shutdown..”
How Do I Remove Elara App From My System?
Method 1 : Using Registry
- Open Run program by pressing Windows + R key in your system.
- Type regedit and hit OK to open the registry editor.
- From the left panel of the registry follow this path, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Now on the right panel of the registry, right click and select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Set the value to 1 and save it with the name AutoEndTask.
- Click OK and exit the registry.
- Now restart the system.
Method 2 : Reinstall Touchpad
As we know that the current touchpad driver is causing troubles, we can simply replace it with the latest version of touch pad driver.
- Download the latest version of you touchpad driver from Internet.
- Windows + X key and then select Programs & Features.
- Find the touch pad driver from the list and uninstall it.
- Install the touchpad driver you downloaded before.
- Now restart the system.
Method 3 : Update Driver
- Open the Control Panel on your system.
- Go to the Hardware & Sound option.
- Here you will find Device Manager, open it.
- From the list, locate “Mice & Other Pointing Devices”.
- Expand this option and right click on Alps Pointing-Device.
- Select update driver.
Method 4 : Update Windows
- Open Settings.
- Select “Security & Upgrade Options”.
- Click on check for updates.
- Update Windows if any available.
The above-mentioned are the most effective solutions to solve Elara app preventing shutdown, restart or sing out in Windows 10. I’m sure that you won’t see any such error after implementing the above methods. Different methods may work for different people. But if none of them works for any of you, please comment down below so that we can help you out.